Sunday, February 24, 2013

Not Ashamed

Not Ashamed of the Gospel


The Good News that Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary, lived a perfect life, died for our sins and was raised from the dead still changes lives today. It still answers life’s most difficult questions, meets people’s deepest needs and reunites us with our Creator.

It’s hard for us to admit but we all know that the enemy of our souls has enslaved us. None of us do all the good that we know we should do. All of us do things we are ashamed of. We deeply wound the ones we love the most. The Lord Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, has an answer for us. He is the answer. We can find peace in Him.

Each of us is on a spiritual journey. God is calling to us as we walk along. God, the Holy Spirit who proceeds from the Father, is drawing us to the Good Shepherd Who will care for us.

After Adam defied God in the garden, God called to him, “Where are you?” God knew where Adam was and He knows where you are in your spiritual journey, but He wants you to know.

Jesus said, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light (Mathew 11:28-30 New International Version).”

No comments:

Post a Comment